We opened our 6th market season on May 30th, 2015. Hours of operation are 10 am to 2 pm.
The Market accepts SNAP (Oregon Trail Cards), which can be used to buy fruit, vegetables and food-producing plant starts. Our SNAP Match program will double your SNAP dollars up to $5, which means you can get $10 worth of food for only $5 from your SNAP account. Funds for our SNAP Match program have been generously provided by Sweet Cheeks Winery and the Spencer Creek Grange.
Some of our produce vendors also participate in the following two programs funded by the USDA:
- WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP). A variety of fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables and herbs may be purchased with FMNP coupons.
- Senior Food Direct Nutritional Program (SFDNP). If you’re a senior, or if you know a senior eligible for food stamps, sign up now for SFDNP in order to receive coupons for fresh locally grown fruit, produce and cut herbs from vendors that are authorized to accept these coupons at our market.
- Sell at the market when your products are approved
- One free classified ad in our newsletter “The Market Monthly”
- Wholesale prices at Hummingbird Wholesale through our members’ buyer club.
- The satisfaction of joining and supporting an organization which is laying down the foundation for food independence in our community.
- One free lunch at Cafe La Grange (oo-la-la!)
- Special invitation to the end of season celebration party for members
- Your name automatically entered in a chance to win a Work Party at your home for your gardening/food production project!
- Elect or run for the board of directors at the annual membership meeting in October (if you visited/shopped or sold at least six markets in 2014, then you’ve already met that qualification!)
The market takes place on Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., May 30th through October 10th, behind the Grange and alongside a grove of mature pine and fir trees. The Spencer Creek Grange is located at 86013 Lorane Highway at the corner of McBeth Road in Eugene. Instead of commercial farmers, our sellers are largely backyard growers and hobby farmers offering locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, nursery plants, plant starts and much more. Our market also includes many crafters and food artisans. Vendors are not required to attend more often than they are able and willing.
The Spencer Creek Growers’ Market is committed to providing a venue for neighbors to sell their locally produced agricultural items with an emphasis on sustainable and healthy growing practices, while encouraging and supporting local food production efforts through the fellowship of community.
We are now a registered non-profit membership organization in Oregon and we will be applying for 501(c)(4) tax exemption shortly. We have adopted bylaws and we are governed by a board of directors. You can share in the governance of the market, too!
Any individual in our community can become a member, whether they are a vendor, shopper, or just a visitor.
1 . Pay $10 yearly membership dues. Benefits:
2 . Then, attend 6 markets per year for the additional FULL membership benefits: